Goals of the Statewide Conferences
- Provide knowledge to behavioral health clients
- Provide advocacy skills and experience to behavioral health clients
- Mutually engage consumers and political/policy leaders with each other
- Enhance statewide and regional networking of clients
- Work on organizational issues at a membership meeting
A measure of the success of the Conference is if attendees leave feeling that they are not alone, that they are connected to a state (and national) advocacy movement, and that they feel energized and empowered to go back to their communities to do the work that is needed.