Wednesday March 27
Senate Health Committee Room 4203
Webinar A: Advocacy Basics
Thurs., Feb. 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- What is advocacy, who are stakeholders and why advocate.
- Consumer roots of the law, the Mental Health Service Act (MHSA) and regulations for Stakeholder involvement in planning mental health services.
- A bird’s eye view of who the County decision-makers are and how you can participate.
- Access to basic terms and acronyms used in Behavioral Health and where you can go to find county contacts.
Webinar B: Best Community Planning Practices
Thurs., Mar. 7, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- Types of County meetings and various stakeholder participation or roles
- Meeting mechanics, culture and etiquette
- MHSA stakeholder community planning best principles & practices applied to different stakeholder roles.
- What to look for in county budgets and plans.
- More resources to become a meaningful stakeholder
Webinar C: Community Planning; How to Work It
Thurs., Mar. 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM
- More on applying the MHSA community planning best principles & practices
- How you compose and give public comment.
- How you get on decision-making boards/councils.
- Next steps to being a meaningful stakeholder.
Join SAMHSA’s kick-off for Recovery Month on September 6 at 10.a.m. through a livestream event.
Panelists will discuss the benefits that their SAMHSA-funded treatment and recovery programs bring to their community. The kick-off event exemplifies the 2018 Recovery Month theme, “Join the Voices for Recovery: Invest in Health, Home, Purpose, and Community,” which explores how integrated care, a strong community, sense of purpose, and leadership contributes to effective treatments that sustain the recovery of persons with mental and substance use disorders. For more information on Recovery Month, or to access materials or find events in your community, visit the Recovery Month website at https://recoverymonth.gov.
FROM SAMHSA EVENT CALENDAR