Part Time Contract Position
Time Frame: One year, which could be extended
Expected Start Date: September 1, 2019
The Fund Developer is responsible for seeking and securing funds for CAMHPRO, working with a team of individuals to develop and coordinate donor solicitations, product sales, write grant applications and other requests for funding, and explore other sources of funding.
The California Association of Mental Health Peer Run Organizations (CAMHPRO) is a nonprofit statewide organization consisting of local consumer-run organizations/programs reaching thousands of mental health consumers who participate in these programs and individual consumers. CAMHPRO’s mission is to transform communities and the behavioral health care system throughout California to empower, support, and ensure the rights of consumers, eliminate stigma, and advance self-determination for all those affected by mental health issues.
- Assists in helping CAMHPRO in the development of fundraising goals and works to meet these goals.
- Identifies and solicits new donors; and, in general, donations in the form of money or gifts,
- Makes initial prospecting calls to pre-approved foundations to gain knowledge and initiate relationships
- Assists in writing grant proposals and responding to other opportunities for funding
- Takes responsibility for product sales, including identifying the products and the market for the products.
- Participates in gathering information or statistics for grant proposals and letters when needed
- Proofreads proposals and grant applications
- Supports calendar for deadline reminders with regard to impact reports, grant applications, other fund development-related requests and requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Prefer person with lived experience with a mental health challenge
- Understand and share consumer values of recovery and self-determination promoted by CAMHPRO
- Shows familiarity with all aspects of the behavioral health environment, particularly in finance and marketing.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills for the purpose of earning money for the organization
- Superior writing skills and familiarity with foundations, government and other potential resources for funding.
- Possesses interpersonal skills that allow him or her to interact with potential donors and the general public.
- Demonstrates creativity in coming up with funding opportunities and executing events successfully.
- Possesses the ability to work well with limited or direct supervision.
Education and Experience:
A High School Diploma with seven years’ experience as a grant writer. Associates Degree in with 5 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience necessary.
The anticipated compensation is $25,000 annually.
Application due August 19, 2019.
Email resume and description of why you would be an excellent candidate firstname.lastname@example.org