April 22 – April 23
Use this hashtag
Show your support
Outline for the Conference:
Day 1 – Pre Conference
In the afternoon before the Conference, clients visit legislators or attend hearings regarding specific legislation. CAMHPRO will facilitate a Client Day at the Capitol at the rose garden, including a resource fair on the grounds of the capitol, an opportunity for consumer run programs and others to display what they do.
Day 2 – Whole day of Conference
Plenary speakers, including politicians/policy leaders, workshops, institutes, and regional meetings in which attendees network with others in their regions.
- Tentative key note speakers – Subject to change
Dan Fisher, MD, PHD, Chief Executive Office, National Empowerment Center. Former President Pro Tem, Senator Darrel Steinberg, Senator Mark Leno invited.
- Workshop/Institute categories:
- Advocacy – Tools for effective advocacy; How to organize for action; education on policy issues; housing advocacy; using social media and technology as advocacy tools
- Peer Support – Peer Certification; Peer Bridger programs; Peer Respite; Peer-run organizational development; model consumer run programs; Self Directed Care
- Cultural Humility – Culturally-specific programming (LGBTQ community, African Americans, immigrant community, physically challenged community) community organizers/promotoras and mental health.
- Whole Health, Spirituality and Alternatives – Art; Hearing Voices movement; culturally-responsive health & wellness strategies; Holistic nutrition, Healthcare integration; Understanding and improving your physical health; Mindfulness; Meditation; Massage; Exercise; Companion animals; Yoga ; Creativity.
- Reducing Stigma and Discrimination – Speakers Bureau’s; best and promising practices to reduce stigma and discrimination; using social media and technology to fight stigma; sharing our stories of recovery.
Day 3 – Final day of Conference
CAMHPRO will hold a membership meeting on the last morning of the Conference. Among other CAMHPRO business, CAMHPRO members will elect Board Members.
Hilton Sacramento Arden West is the site for the “CAMHPRO Annual Conference” on April 21, 2016 – April 23, 2016(Special Rate Code: CMH).
The location is at:
2200 Harvard St Sacramento, California 95815-3306
USA Tel: +1-916-922-4700
To Make Guest Room Reservations (Rates from $105.00/night):
1) Guests can call 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667) and mention special rate code CMH to make their guest room reservations.
2) Guests can utilize THIS link below to make their guestroom reservations:
How to get to and from the Hotel from the Airport: You can utilize Super Shuttle to get from the Airport to our hotel. Rates start at $17.00 per person one way. You can also contact Petra Pena at Super Shuttle at 916-648-2500 Ext 11301 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if there would be any additional discounts for your group.